(USA TODAY) — MILWAUKEE – A bacteria spread through animal saliva, which forced the amputation of a man’s hands and legs in June, has been linked to two other Wisconsin cases in recent years, including the death of a Milwaukee County woman.

Sharon Larson, 58, of South Milwaukee died June 23, not long after being nipped by her new dog, Bo, according to a report by WISN-TV.

And a 3-year-old Grant County boy, Liam Young, had his fingers and toes amputated in 2015 after he developed the same infection, his father said Saturday.

Note: Read our discussion guidelines before commenting.