WASHINGTON – Members of Congress continue to express their thanks and appreciation for a volunteer program that delivered 535 copies of the No. 1 faith movie and the No. 1 Christian book in America in September.
The latest senators to send letters of are Republican Orrin Hatch of Utah and Democrat Daniel Inouye of Hawaii.
They join nearly a dozen other members of Congress who have acknowledged receipt of the gifts of “The Harbinger,” the bestselling Christian book of 2012, and “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment,” the No. 1 faith movie for the last 28 weeks of 2012.
“Thank you for sending me copies of Jonathan Cahn’s ‘The Harbinger’ and the movie ‘The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment,'” wrote Rep. Sue Myrick, R-N.C. “I appreciate these timely reminders of the Judeo-Christian values upon which this country was founded and the necessity of repentance in modern American life. I will certainly keep the implications of both works in mind as we continue to confront the challenges facing our nation today.”
Other members offering heartfelt thanks for the movie and book included Reps. Nick Rahall II, R-W.V.; Lamar Smith, R-Texas; Joe Wilson, R-S.C.; Ben Quayle, R-Ariz., and Sens. Michael Enzi, R-Wyo.; Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.; Roger Wicker, R-Miss.; and Dan Coates, R-Ind.
“I was pleasantly surprised that we received so quickly so many letters of thanks and encouragement for the gifts,” said Joseph Farah, producer of “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment” who donated 535 copies of the movie for the cause. “I believe we’ll see even more in the days ahead as more members get a chance to read ‘The Harbinger’ and watch the movie.”
The distribution effort was the brainchild and hard work of Joe Esposito who traveled across the country to hand-deliver the books and movies to each office in the House and Senate.
Esposito, who previously put the message in the hands of every member of the Oklahoma state legislature, personally visited every congressional office to deliver the DVDs and books, to explain why they are vital to understanding America’s plight.
The expenses of the volunteer team were being paid by WND with help from WND viewers and those who believe the powerful message of Jonathan Cahn’s sensational findings about the parallels between the judgment of ancient Israel and the U.S. are worth sharing with public officials around the country.
Esposito said he and a friend spent several days last week in Washington, delivering to each congressional office copies of the book and DVD.
Now, he said, they’ve been warned.
He compared his delivery to the warning that came to the biblical city of Ninevah from Jonah.
The people in that ancient city were living in sin, but when Jonah took the warning from God to their leaders, they listened, repented and broadcast the news.
The king, in those days, Esposito told WND, caused the message to be proclaimed and published throughout Ninevah.
“They repented, and they were spared,” he said.
“My call to the Congress is to do the same thing,” he said. “A call from the Congress needs to go out to every city, to every inhabitant. There needs to be a proclamation.”
It was in January when “The Harbinger” skyrocketed to the top of the New York Times bestsellers list and stayed there by suggesting America is following in the footsteps of a defiant ancient Israel as recorded in Isaiah 9:10. This week it is No. 6 on the New York Times list.
“If you’ve seen ‘The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment’ and read ‘The Harbinger,’ you know the power of this message to change lives and to focus Americans’ attention on what is at the root of our nation’s problems,” said Farah. “If you haven’t yet seen the film or read the book, you should do that immediately.”
Esposito earlier had distributed copies of the video to members of the Oklahoma government.
“But that will require raising some money for subsidizing the cost of books, DVDs and travel and housing for the volunteers. If you believe in the powerful message of this book and movie, please contribute to the campaign.”
It was in April when Esposito of Owasso, Okla., picked up his copy of “The Harbinger” and was so stunned by the parallels between the fall of ancient Israel and America’s current struggles that he knew his state’s leaders needed a wake-up call. Three weeks later, having purchased 152 copies of the book out of his own pocket, he delivered them to all members of the Oklahoma legislature.
Isaiah records that Israel had known God and yet turned away from Him. Following a devastating attack by Assyria, rather than returning to God, the leaders declared “with pride and arrogance of heart” a defiant pledge: “The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycamores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.” (Isaiah 9:10 KJV).
The book and movie reveal the startling reality that beginning the day after 9/11, several American leaders began repeating that 2,500-year-old vow, word for word, in speeches in the Capitol. In the film, viewers get to see and hear the actual speeches.
“Having no idea what he was doing, the majority leader of the U.S. Senate [Tom Daschle] was declaring America as under the judgment of God,” Cahn gives as just one example. “It was the reenactment of an ancient mystery – and bore the most grave of consequences.”
In March, WND Films released “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment” as a documentary follow-up to Cahn’s stunning research revealing the eerie parallels between the reaction of ancient Israel and the national leaders in the U.S.
Esposito told WND he knew that after the nation’s leaders had repeated the ancient words of defiance over and over again, what is truly needed now is a public declaration of repentance.
After distributing the book in Oklahoma, Esposito got a personal phone call a week later from Lt. Gov. Todd Lamb.
“He was real grateful for my efforts,” Esposito told WND. “We visited, and I made the comment that it’s important the Legislature comes up with resolution or statement referring to ‘The Harbinger’ and the prayer of 2 Chronicles.”
Esposito also said he was in for a real surprise when he went to distribute the books and discovered someone else had just been there distributing copies of “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment.”
“There was another young man named Jason who worked in the House,” Esposito told WND. “He had the opportunity to have a prayer meeting or breakfast, but only had a half hour. He took that opportunity to show a shortened version of the ‘Isaiah 9:10’ video, so he could return and distribute the whole video to legislators.
“I gave away the books on a Wednesday; [Jason] had been there on Tuesday passing out few copies of the video,” Esposito continued. “Here I come, I show up next day with the books, and neither of us knew the other existed.”
Esposito already has lined up coordinators to do the same thing in the legislatures of Colorado, Ohio, and Tennessee after blanketing the Capitol in Washington.
The reaction from the reading public has established the significance of the work:
- “The hairs on the back of my neck stood up! I’ve been a ‘Latter Days’ prophecy buff for almost 50 years and have read, heard and seen most of the end times prophecy material that has been produced – including extensive Bible study. But this small but powerful parallel between Israel’s judgment and captivity by the Assyrians and America’s pending judgment starting with 9/11 … is so startling and eerie it will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand tall! If our leaders who are depicted in the video had read more of Isaiah 9 than just verse 10, things may have been far different than what they are today.”
- “Amazing how words written so long ago in Isaiah are so on the mark.”
- “Very eye-opening and interesting. I’m so glad I bought this. I am also glad I know I’m going to Heaven – this shows how close we are!”
- “INCREDIBLE MOVIE: The movie is well narrated and provides supporting events and dates that led to the destruction of Israel and modern day events including 9/11, the economic meltdown felt globally, etc. I watched it with my wife and found the message not only credible but one all Americans should here. I also ordered the book ‘The Harbinger’ and found it powerful and hard to put down!”
- “Fantastic! Rabbi [Jonathan] Cahn has done his homework very well. This video is just as exciting as his book, ‘The Harbinger’ and I’m sharing it with all my friends.”
- “Much better than the book. I cannot believe the book was written as a novel. Worth seeing even if you read the book.”
- “Every American and every Christian should watch this, and so should every non-believer.”
- “A ‘must see’ for every born again Christian. A great witnessing tool to show to unbelievers. Well worth the money.”
- “This video was a must see for anyone who believes in the God of the Bible. Jonathan Cahn cites his sources accurately. He makes the case that the U.S. is under God’s Judgment, and calls the nation to repent and return to God.”
- “The flick will blow you out of the water if you just have half-a-mind! This is going to be short and sweet. View this movie with an understanding of what’s going on in our world today.”
- “Ordered the DVD and ‘Harbinger’ book together at the suggestion of a friend, and my wife and I sat in awe as things made sense. A must-watch for anyone concerned about their country’s fate.”
- “This is a message that everyone needs to see. I was in the process of reading the book when I ordered the DVD. It was so profoundly moving that I stayed up late to finish seeing it and then reverently prayed and went to bed. We are truly a nation that needs to turn back to God and His word.”
- “I recently purchased the DVD of Isaiah 9:10. It gives a clear message to America to wake up from our sleep and return to God. I believe it explains where we are standing as a nation before our Maker. It is startling, scary, and makes one think about our need to straighten up our lives before it is too late!”
- “This DVD is something everyone in America needs to watch. This rabbi rooted out information that makes it obvious to me that he is a modern day messenger for God … the results will not only scare the pants off you, it will make God’s presence and plan for our lives blatantly obvious. We can solve our problems individually by returning to our faith in God and obeying his 10 Commandments.”
- “Great watch. It is all true and just boggles the mind how God uses people to fulfill His word and prophecies. We are living in an amazing time.”
- “I am so grateful I came across this video. I had read the book and it was great, but I wanted a documentary format that presented the facts visually. It exceeded my expectations! I’m now passing it around to friends. Thank you Jonathan Cahn for bringing us this much needed information. This is something every household in American should see.”
- “Incredible parallels between what happened to ancient Israel and current history, specifically, the events surrounding and following 9/11. Eye-opening information and a sobering look at the times in which we are living.”
- “This is a great DVD regarding end-time prophecy. A must-read for any Bible student, pastor, anyone seriously interested in prophecy. This should be taken seriously. Rabbi Cahn is well versed in his Hebrew studies and is able to explain in great detail his point of view, and those of early Hebrew scholars. After watching this DVD, and following the scriptures outlined, it is easy to understand and accept these teachings as more than merely credible.”
- “I would highly recommend this DVD and the book ‘Harbinger,’ for anyone seriously studying the scriptures. It is a real eye opener.”
See the trailer: